The other day I got the honour of interviewing a new and upcoming author, Anthony J. Albuy, Jr. His way with words are just amazing…if you don’t believe me follow him on Twitter or “friend” him on Facebook!
1) Who are you? What do you do?
I’m Anthony J. Albury Jr. I’m currently a law student, motivational speaker, and entrepreneur.
2) What is your writing process? Do you follow a regular routine?
My writing process involves two things: 1. I post general thoughts either on my social media accounts, or I blog about a subject on my blog. 2. I will sit down and try to do a certain amount of pages per day. On my forthcoming project which is more lengthy than my first project, I’m trying to write about 5 pages a day.
3) What are the most important elements of good writing? According to you, what tools are must-haves for writers? What’s important to me is to write from the heart, and from experiences you can relate to. I could easily go and write a book about anything with the proper research, but when you write from the heart I believe you speak truth to others.
4) What motivates you to write?
My writing is simply motivated by the desire to help others in life.
5) Do you ever suffer from writer’s block? If so, what do you do about it?
I think everyone suffers from writer’s block. When I do, I get up from the table and come back when I’m motivated again.
6) Do you have any advice for other writers?
I would say just write from the heart. You never know when your experience can be life-changing to someone else.
7) What is the message in your book? What are your readers’ reactions to it?
The message in my book is three-fold. I want to encourage others to think, I want to encourage the unread to begin reading, and I want to motivate/inspire others to push to higher levels of living.
8.) Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
Yes, I learned to value the art of writing and to believe in what you write.
9) What are your current / future projects?
I’m currently working on a book for young men called “Ode To Sons: Simplewords That Daddy Never Explained”. In this project I want to connect with young men that have either lost their father, never had one, or just are missing the guidance. I lost my dad at 18, and I daily I wish he was around to teach me some valuable lessons. So this is from my heart to the heart of other young men. I also plan to put out another Motivational journal, and then journals that are specific: Women, Men, Teens, and Tweens on a yearly basis.
10) What book(s) / author(s) have influenced your life and writing?
Ben Carson (Think Big), Dr. Cornel West (Everything), Michael E. Dyson (Everything), President Obama (Audacity of Hope). The list goes on.
Check out the Contest/Giveaway featuring Anthony’s book “Simple Words”. Two lucky readers will receive a autographed copy!
~Love, Peace, and SOOOOOOUL!!!